Carnosine is a protein-building block naturally produced by your body. It is an essential fuel in your heart, brain, and other body parts. It prevents aging and treats and reduces risks such as diabetes, nerve damage, eye disorder, etc. And that’s not all; a better understanding of carnosine will reveal a lot about it and its health benefits.
What is carnosine?
Carnosine is a dipeptide or a compound made of two linked acids, i.e., beta-alanine and histidine. It is found within your body’s active tissues and is a powerful antioxidant. Brain health support supplements that contain carnosine help you gain energy, sustain focus, preserve strength, and more.
Health benefits of carnosine
- Carnosine supports brain health
Carnosine supposes cognitive functioning and mental clarity. Also, it helps decrease mental fatigue, supports memory, increases processing speed, and enhances focus. Better mental health reduces risks of brain diseases such as:
- Alzheimer’s: Carnosine helps to reduce the buildup of amyloid beta, the proteins that form brain plagues like with Alzheimer’s disease. Also, the supplementation of carnosine prevents cognitive decline due to its inhibition of amyloid beta.
- Diabetes: Carnosine benefits diabetes patients by protecting against the dangers of protein glycation. Too much sugar in your blood causes the diabetes complications such as nerve damage. Supplementation with carnosine delays the progression of diabetes and prevents its occurrence.
- Autism: People with autism significantly improve mental functioning, behavior, and communication after supplementing with carnosine.
- Nutrients to your brain
Carnosine is an essential nutrient that supports brain functioning. It helps in prolonging mental fatigue, allowing you to stay productive longer.
- Supports your muscles
Carnosine provides a PH buffering capacity and antioxidant properties for better and healthier muscles. The muscles allow adequate blood flow to the brain, which is crucial in increasing energy and memory.
- Provides overall protection
Carnosine contains antioxidant properties that protect against the risks of free radicals. Free radicals are waste substances your body releases as it processes food and interacts with the environment. Also, carnosine supports blood sugar levels which is crucial in avoiding issues such as diabetes.
- Supports Heart Health
Carnosine assists in regulating muscle contraction and prevents lipid oxidation in your bloodstream. Also, it facilitates healthy circulation and correct blood pressure levels, which benefits your brain and heart.
The correct dose of carnosine depends on factors like age, health, and prevalent health condition. But remember, natural products can be unsafe if you don’t take the correct dose. The best way is to follow instructions on the product label and consult a healthcare professional before consuming.
Food sources of carnosine
You can get carnosine in meat like turkey, chicken, beef, or pork. Also, you can get it in eggs, milk, and cheese. However, it’s not enough to consume enough carnosine via diet. You’ll need to take brain health support supplements rich in carnosine.
Carnosine is an essential nutrient that your body requires. It increases your brain energy, better focus, and helps in dealing with mental diseases such as Alzheimer’s and diabetes. But before that, you need to learn more about it for better supplementation results. The above information will help you understand carnosine and its various health benefits.