Way back in the early 1950s, scientists began committing copious amounts of time, money, and resources towards studying the effects of various stimuli on brainwaves and neural activity.
Famed neuroscientist, John Cunningham Lilly, happened upon a startling discovery in 1954, when he determined that the brain and body respond very positively to sensory deprivation therapies. In other words, Dr. Lilly found that the mind doesn’t rely on external stimuli to regulate endorphins, encourage healthy blood pressure, and reduce stress – it actually thrives in environments that simplify brain activity and mitigate stimulants.
Ever since Lilly’s momentous discovery, the concept of Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy (REST) has been steadily growing into one of the most effectual holistic treatment options.
How Does REST Work?
The most prevalent, time-tested form of REST involves the utilisation of new-age flotation tanks:
- The flotation rooms are 100% insulated from all external sounds, which puts forth a tranquil, serene environment.
- The custom-fabricated tanks are filled with roughly 1,000 litres of purified water and 500 kilograms of high-end Epsom salts.
- Then, the solution is slowly heated to match the approximate temperature of your skin, which is generally between 34°C and 37°C.
- The resultant solution enables you to float weightlessly in a depth of 30 centimetres – you will not have to tread water, swim, or paddle.
If you visit the facility of a recovery studio that can provide an individualised float pod in Perth, you’ll be able to create a cost-effective REST strategy that can easily fit into your week-to-week routine.
What Are the Benefits of Float-Based REST?
After decades of corroborated studies, double-blind research initiatives, and numerous clinical trials, the healthcare community has collectively agreed that float pod therapy can deliver the following wellness advantages:
- Mitigate high levels of cortisol, which can lead to quick weight gain, muscular weakness, improper thyroid functionality, and distressing mood swings
- Moderate pain associated with fibromyalgia and other muscular disorders that incite discomfort and tenderness
- Stabilise blood pressure and alleviate rapid heart rates
- Normalise the intestinal tract and digestive processes, which encourages healthier nutrient absorption
- Improve healing times following injuries and diminish joint pain
- Reduce the intensity of Bodily Distress Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Disorder
To put it simply, float pod therapy represents the best way to engage in restorative mediation for not only your mind, but also for your musculoskeletal system as well.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Membership at a Recovery Studio?
For a small fraction of what you’d have to pay for monthly chiropractic appointments, guided meditation sessions, or massage appointments, you can easily obtain a personalised float pod membership with your local facility:
- Several conveniently located centres
- Arrange your wellness plan according to your work schedule and daily regimen
- Any unused float sessions will roll over into the next month
- Share your membership with friends and family members
All you have to do is visit the landing page of your local recovery studio to get started on the enrolment process.